Lamb Sliders with Tzatziki
- 1 large beet
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Lemon juice, as needed
- Salt and ground white pepper
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup feta
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 Spanish onion, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 to 6 mini potato buns, for serving
For the tzatziki: Cook the beet in boiling water until soft. When cool enough to handle, peel and add to a blender. Puree with the sugar and butter.
Put the garlic and vinegar in a blender and blend until smooth. Shred the cucumber on a box grater. Put the cucumber shreds in a towel, squeeze to remove all the liquid and put in a bowl. Add the yogurt, garlic and vinegar mixture, chopped dill, and season with lemon juice, salt, and white pepper. Add enough beet puree until you reach a color you like.
For the sliders: Place a grill pan over medium heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill.
Thoroughly mix together the lamb, mint, oregano, feta, cumin, onions, jalapeno, salt and black pepper. Form into 4 to 6 patties. Grill to desired temperature, place on a bun, and top with the tzatziki.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.