- 1 large beet
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Lemon juice, as needed
- Salt and ground white pepper
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup feta
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 Spanish onion, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 to 6 mini potato buns, for serving
For the tzatziki: Cook the beet in boiling water until soft. When cool enough to handle, peel and add to a blender. Puree with the sugar and butter.
Put the garlic and vinegar in a blender and blend until smooth. Shred the cucumber on a box grater. Put the cucumber shreds in a towel, squeeze to remove all the liquid and put in a bowl. Add the yogurt, garlic and vinegar mixture, chopped dill, and season with lemon juice, salt, and white pepper. Add enough beet puree until you reach a color you like.
For the sliders: Place a grill pan over medium heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill.
Thoroughly mix together the lamb, mint, oregano, feta, cumin, onions, jalapeno, salt and black pepper. Form into 4 to 6 patties. Grill to desired temperature, place on a bun, and top with the tzatziki.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.