Lamb with Wild Mushrooms: Agnello con Funghi
- 2 pounds lamb shoulder or leg, cut into 3-inch cubes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds mixed fresh wild mushrooms (porcini, chanterelle, and oyster), coarsely chopped
- 1 -ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 3 leeks, whites only, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch red pepper flakes
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Season the lamb with salt and pepper and place in a large casserole. Add the mushrooms, leeks, wine, olive oil and pepper flakes, and toss well to coat and combine. Place the casserole in the oven and cook 90 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. The meat should be well done and tender and the juices should be bubbling. Serve immediately.
Recipe copyright Mario Batali, 2002. All Rights Reserved.