Lampuca "Sicilian Fish Stew"
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds sweet Italian sausage, casings removed and crumbled
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 large Spanish onion, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons harissa, plus more for serving
- 30 littleneck clams
- 20 fresh mint leaves, torn
- 2 mahi mahi fillets, cut into large chunks
- 4 slices bread, toasted
Heat a large, high-sided pan over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the sausage, garlic and onions. Brown until the sausage is caramelized, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the red pepper flakes and anchovies and cook for 2 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the white wine and lemon juice. Reduce by half, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken stock, tomato sauce, raisins, harissa, clams, mint and mahi mahi into the pot and partially cover with the lid. Cook until all the clams open and the stew is the consistency of chowder, about 10 minutes. Serve with the toasted bread and harissa.
This recipe was provided by a professional chef or restaurant and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.