- *1 1/2 cups cooked meat (pork, ham, turkey, chicken, or roast beef)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 cup mayonnaise, plus more as needed
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (Cheddar, Swiss, mozzarella)
- Seasonings: curry paste, gherkins, paprika, olive paste, ground cumin, fresh sage, red peppercorns, Dijon mustard, prepared horseradish
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bread or crackers, for serving
Put your choice of meat, the eggs, and mayonnaise into the bowl of a food processor. Add the cheese (see below*) and seasonings (see below*) and process until the mixture is well blended and has a smooth texture, about 20 seconds. Add more mayonnaise as needed if the pate is too dry. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve with bread or crackers.
*For pork: Cheddar cheese and 1 tablespoon curry paste
For ham: Swiss cheese, 4 gherkins, and 1 teaspoon paprika
For turkey: mozzarella cheese, 2 tablespoons olive paste, and 1 teaspoon ground cumin
For chicken: Cheddar cheese, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage, and 1 teaspoon red peppercorns
Thank you! your flag was submitted.