Leftovers: Chicken with Sesame Caesar Salad
- 2 cooked chicken paillards, chilled and 1/4-inch slices (pan seared)
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon pommery mustard
- 1 cup canola oil plus 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil, mix together
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup shaved reggiano Parmesan
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 heads baby romaine, prepped into whole, washed leaves
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
In a food processor, add yolks, anchovies, garlic and mustard. Mix and when well incorporated, slowly drizzle in oil to emulsify. Add juice, cheese and mix well. Check for seasoning and adjust. Toss dressing with romaine leaves and chicken strips.
PLATING On an oval plate, lay out salad topped with the chicken. Garnish with sesame seeds.
Wine Suggestion: Viognier Vin de Pays Des Comtes Rhodaniens, 1997
Thank you! your flag was submitted.