Lemon Buttermilk Poundcake
- 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon strained lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lemon Glaze:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Set a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 325 degrees. Butter a 12-cup Bundt pan and flour the buttered surface, shaking out the excess.
Combine butter, sugar, flour and baking powder in mixer with paddle. Beat on low speed 2 minutes.
Combine remaining ingredients and add to mixer in three additions, beating 1 minute between each addition.
Scrape batter into prepared pan and bake for about one hour, until cake is well risen and well colored and a knife inserted between the edge and tube emerges clean. Place cake on a rack in pan.
For glaze, combine water and sugar and bring to a boil in a saucepan. Remove from heat and add lemon juice and vanilla. Unmold cake and brush glaze evenly all over outside of cake. Cool and
Recipe courtesy of Nick Malgieri
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse