Lemon Grass-Crab-Fennel Salad
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 stalks lemon grass, white part only, finely minced
- 3 scallions, sliced 1/16-inch thick, green/white separated
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tablespoon coarsely ground coriander, toasted
- 1/2 pound fresh crab leg meat, picked through
- 1 large head fennel, cored and shaved paper thin
In a small saute pan on medium heat, add 1 tablespoon oil and saute lemongrass and scallion whites until soft, about 4 minutes. Season and set aside. In a bowl, whisk together juice, coriander, scallion greens and remaining oil. Add lemongrass and check for seasoning. In another bowl, mix crab and fennel. Add 2/3 of the vinaigrette and toss to coat. Check for seasoning.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.