- 6 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons fresh coarsely chopped mint, dill, tarragon, or other fresh herb
- 3/4 cup couscous
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Bring the chicken stock to a boil in a heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk in the hoisin, lemon juice and mint. Stir in the couscous. Cover and set aside off the heat to steep for 5 minutes. Whisk in the mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into 4 soup bowls. Serve immediately.