- 1/2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli, blanched
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup fat-free tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup grated part-skim mozzarella
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, zucchini, broccoli, red pepper, and basil. Set aside.
Put the chicken breasts in a large plastic bag and pound until very thin and of even thickness. Remove chicken from bag. Spoon a dollop of the ricotta mixture near the bottom edge of 1 piece of chicken and roll it into a cylinder, around the filling, like a jelly roll. Repeat with remaining chicken.
Put the bread crumbs on a plate. Season the egg whites with salt and pepper. Heat the wine and olive oil in a large nonstick skillet. Dip the chicken roll-ups in the egg whites and then coat with bread crumbs. Place the roll-ups in the skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 10 minutes.
Divide the roll-ups among 4 plates, spooning some sauce over the top. Sprinkle with diced tomato and serve immediately.