Lighter and Leaner Pimento Cheese Sandwiches
- 1 cup finely grated Cheddar
- 1/2 cup finely grated low-fat mozzarella
- 2/3 cup plain nonfat Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- Nonstick cooking spray
In a medium bowl, add the Cheddar, mozzarella, yogurt, chives, salt and pepper, green and red peppers and jalapeno. Stir well to combine. Spread the mixture evenly among 4 slices of bread and top with a couple of slices of tomato. Top with the remaining slices of bread.
Spray a large nonstick saute pan over medium heat with nonstick spray. Place the 4 sandwiches in the pan and let cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Flip the sandwiches and continue cooking until the cheese melts, another 4 minutes. Serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Mary's Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Pepper Jack, Mango and Watercress, Mini Cheese Sandwiches (Panini With Mozzarella And Olive Tapenade), Spanish Style Pressed Ham and Cheese Sandwiches, Heart Healthy Recipes, Easy Appetizer Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Grilled Cheese, Easy Roasting, Healthy Breakfast Recipes