Lima Bean and Corn Soup with Crawfish Tails
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 smoked ham hock
- 1 pound frozen lima beans
- 2 quarts of chicken stock
- 1 cup fresh corn, removed from husk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup cooked crawfish tails removed from shells
- 1 cup fresh fava beans, cooked and shelled
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated Jamaican nutmeg
In a heavy bottomed pot saute onion with oil until translucent, then add ham hock, lima beans and chicken stock and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes, or until the lima beans are very soft. Puree in a food processor and strain through a fine sieve into another pot, bring to a boil and add corn, cream and crayfish tails. Bring to a boil again, add the fava beans, nutmeg and serve hot.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.