Lime Cilantro Shrimp Over Black Pasta
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon each minced fresh garlic and ginger
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 pound fresh shrimp (8 to 12 ounces net after peeling and deveining)
- 8 ounces dried or fresh black ink pasta
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup thawed frozen petite peas
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro leaves
While this is marinating bring 1 quart of salted water to a boil for the pasta and peel and devein the shrimp, leaving the little tail on.
When the pasta is about 5 minutes shy of being cooked, drain the shrimp, reserving the marinating juices and pat dry.
Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a skillet. Saute the shrimp for 2 minutes or until done. Add the peas and reserved marinating juices and bring the liquid to a boil. Adjust the seasoning. Drain the pasta, divide it into two serving bowls and top each portion with shrimp. Garnish with cilantro.
Recipe Courtesy of �Michelle Urvater