Lime Cilantro Shrimp Over Black Pasta
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon each minced fresh garlic and ginger
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 pound fresh shrimp (8 to 12 ounces net after peeling and deveining)
- 8 ounces dried or fresh black ink pasta
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup thawed frozen petite peas
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro leaves
While this is marinating bring 1 quart of salted water to a boil for the pasta and peel and devein the shrimp, leaving the little tail on.
When the pasta is about 5 minutes shy of being cooked, drain the shrimp, reserving the marinating juices and pat dry.
Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a skillet. Saute the shrimp for 2 minutes or until done. Add the peas and reserved marinating juices and bring the liquid to a boil. Adjust the seasoning. Drain the pasta, divide it into two serving bowls and top each portion with shrimp. Garnish with cilantro.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Saute of Shrimp over Fried Green Tomatoes with Warm Remoulade Sauce, Cajun Snapper and Shrimp over Bacon Cheddar Cheese Grits with Red Pepper Coulis, Lime Sorbet over Pound Cake with Tequila Flambeed Berries, Main Dish, Beef Stroganoff Recipes, Split Pea Soup Recipes, Burrito Recipes, Easy Brunch, Easy Pasta