Lime Marinated Veggie Skewers
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pureed
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and chunked
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 bell peppers, preferably different colors, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 thin zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 pint pearl onions, parboiled for 5 minutes and peeled
- 3 Italian Roma tomatoes, stemmed, quartered and seed scooped out
- 10 ounces white mushrooms, wiped cleaned and stemmed
Soak 16 bamboo skewers in cold water for 30 minutes. In a blender, puree lime juice, garlic, red onion, salt, pepper and olive oil. Place all vegetables in a large bowl and pour marinade over. Let marinate at room temperature one hour, then drain vegetables. Place vegetables on skewers in a festive manner, alternating colors and shapes. Heat grill to medium high. Brush grill well, then wipe with oiled paper towel. Place vegetable skewers on grill and cook a total of 8-10 minutes to desired doneness, turning occasionally. Remove from grill and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.