Linguini Bolognese with Pancetta, Beef, Tomato Sauce, Herbs and Parmesan
- 1 pound fresh linguini
- 3 ounces pancetta, sliced medium thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 carrot, small dice
- 1/2 red onion, small diced
- 6 ounces ground beef
- Two 15-ounce cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 ounce Parmesan, shaved
Cook the pasta according to directions and reserve.
Add the beef and saute until brown. Add the tomatoes and crush with a wooden spoon. Add the thyme and cook 30 minutes to an hour, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
This recipe was created by a contestant during a cooking competition. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested it for home use and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Damaris Phillips