Linguini Bolognese with Pancetta, Beef, Tomato Sauce, Herbs and Parmesan
- 1 pound fresh linguini
- 3 ounces pancetta, sliced medium thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 carrot, small dice
- 1/2 red onion, small diced
- 6 ounces ground beef
- Two 15-ounce cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 ounce Parmesan, shaved
Cook the pasta according to directions and reserve.
Add the beef and saute until brown. Add the tomatoes and crush with a wooden spoon. Add the thyme and cook 30 minutes to an hour, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
This recipe was created by a contestant during a cooking competition. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested it for home use and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Damaris Phillips
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen