Little Italy Wings with Blue Cheese Sauce
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/4 teaspoons Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3 pounds chicken wing drumettes
- Dipping Sauce:
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Shredded Parmesan, for sprinkling
- Carrot sticks and celery sticks, for serving
Preheat a deep fryer filled with oil to 365 degrees F, or fill a large deep skillet with a few inches of oil and heat to 365 degrees F.
For the wings: In a bowl, combine the flour, granulated garlic, black pepper, Lawry's Seasoned Salt and Italian seasoning. Toss the wings in the seasoned flour.
Fry the wings in batches until golden brown and cooked through, about 6 minutes. (If using the skillet, flip the wings once halfway through cooking.) Drain the wings on paper towels to soak up any extra oil.
Sprinkle the wings with the Parmesan. Serve the wings warm with the sauce for dipping and some carrot and celery sticks on the side.
Contestant/Competition Recipe: This recipe was created by a contestant during a cooking competition. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested it for home use and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe Courtesy of Madison Grant