Littlenecks, Roasted Corn, Chorizo and Tomatoes over Spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, or as needed
- 1/2 cup chorizo, mild or hot, grilled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 20 littleneck clams, scrubbed and dried
- 2 to 3 large leaves fresh basil, chopped or chiffonade (small strips), plus more for garnish
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup clam broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 package spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 15 grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 ears corn, grilled and then shucked and cut off the cob
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Have a pot of boiling salted water ready for cooking the spaghetti.
Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium heat, and then add the chorizo, garlic, shallots, clams, basil and red pepper flakes, being careful to brown but not burn the garlic. Add the clam broth and wine and cover.
When the clams are all open, add the butter, tomatoes, corn and some salt and black pepper and simmer for another minute. Turn off the heat and cover for another minute. Add the pasta and a small amount of hot pasta water if needed and toss. Add some fresh basil to garnish and serve immediately.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Chef John Walsh, Edgewood Cafe