Lobster and Scallop Ceviche
- 1 1/2 cups cleaned Taylor bay scallops
- 2 cups poached and sliced Maine lobster tail
- 1/2 small red onion, halved and julienne
- 2 scallions, sliced on the bias
- 1 medium yellow pepper, halved and julienne
- 1 medium green pepper, halved and julienne
- 3 jalapeno chiles, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 bunch freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 bunch freshly chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 bunch freshly chopped mint leaves
- 1 whole lime, juiced
- 1/2 navel orange, juiced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 ancho chile (reconstituted and pureed)
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup toasted spiced pumpkin seeds, for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl, combine all vegetable and protein ingredients and mix well. Season to taste. In a blender combine all the rest of the ingredients, including the liquids and herbs, reserving some of the cilantro for a garnish. Pour mixture over vegetable-protein mixture and marinate for up to 1 hour in a refrigerator. Right before serving add the extra cilantro and season again. Garnish with pumpkin seeds.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.