Lobster Beet Salad
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 3/4 pound beets, roasted, peeled, and quartered
- 2 heads frisee
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 sprig tarragon, leaves removed
- 1 sprig chervil, leaves removed
- 2 (1-pound) lobsters, cooked, meat removed, and halved
In a large bowl, marinade the shallots in the Champagne vinegar for 5 minutes. Add the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add vanilla seeds. Stir to combine the ingredients, taste, and adjust the seasonings.
Add the beets and frisee to the dressing. Divide the dressed frisee and beets between 4 plates. Sprinkle with the pine nuts and herb leaves. Top with half a lobster for each plate, and spoon on extra dressing.