- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 English cucumber
- 2 Belgian endives
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked lobster meat (from about 3 (1 1/2-pound) lobsters)
- Garnish: mesclun and fresh chives
In a bowl stir together creme fraiche, zests, juices, tarragon, and salt and pepper, to taste. Chill sauce, covered, 1 hour to blend flavors.
Cut 3 inches of cucumber crosswise into very thin slices and reserve. Reserve 8 endive leaves for garnish and cut remaining cucumber and endive into 2-inch long matchsticks.
Just before serving, coarsely chop lobster and in another bowl stir together with 3/4 cup sauce. Stir matchstick vegetables into remaining sauce.
Line 4 Martini glasses with reserved cucumber slices. Divide matchstick vegetable mixture among glasses and top with lobster salad. Cut reserved endive lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick strips. Garnish salad with endive, mesclun, and chives.
Recipe courtesy Gourmet Magazine from The Library, The Regency Hotel, New York City
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse