- 2 cups cooking oil
- 4 large white flour tortillas, cut into quarters
- 2 cups lobster meat (can substitute crab or shrimp)
- 3 tablespoons Meyer lemon oil
- 1 cup white corn kernels
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup jicama, diced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted and flesh sliced into eighths
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
In a medium, wide skillet, heat the cooking oil over medium heat. Add the tortillas to the skillet, a few at a time, and fry for about 1 minute on each side. Put the fried tortillas on paper towels to drain and sprinkle with salt, to taste.
In a saute pan, warm the lobster meat with the lemon oil over low heat minutes until warm, about 5 minutes.
Start assembling the nachos by stacking the tortilla chips on each plate. Add the black bean salsa then top with half a cup of the lobster meat. Garnish with creme fraiche, avocado, queso fresco, and chives. Serve.
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.