Lobster Nachos with Asian Guacamole and Spicy Sour Cream
- 20 wonton wrappers, thawed if frozen
- 4 cups canola oil
- For guacamole:
- 2 California avocados
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 large scallions
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh gingerroot
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon sriracha chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon shimichi spice mixture
- 1/2 pound cooked lobster meat
Separate wonton wrappers and diagonally halve. In a 4-quart heavy saucepan heat oil over moderately high heat until a deep-fat thermometer registers 375 degrees and fry wontons, 2 at a time, turning constantly with a slotted spoon to ensure even browning, 5 seconds. With a spoon transfer wontons as fried to paper towels to drain and season with salt. Wontons may be fried 1 day ahead and kept in an airtight container at room temperature.
Make guacamole: Pit and peel avocados. Cut avocados into 1/2-inch cubes. Seed and coarsely chop tomato. Mince onion and thinly slice scallions. In a bowl gently stir together avocados, tomato, onion, scallion, 1/4 cup lime juice, salt, to taste, and remaining guacamole ingredients. Stir in additional lime juice, to taste.
In a bowl stir together sour cream, chili sauce, and shichimi. Cut lobster meat into 1/2-inch pieces.