- Dipping Sauce:
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons black bean garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pound lobster meat, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped bamboo shoots
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon shredded basil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons finely minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 30 potsticker wrappers
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2/3 cup water
- Basil sprigs, for garnish
Combine the dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
Combine filling ingredients in a medium bowl; mix well. To shape each potsticker, place 1 teaspoon of filling in center of a potsticker wrapper. Brush edges of wrapper with water; fold wrapper in half, crimping 1 side, to form a semicircle. Pinch edges together to seal. Cover potstickers with a dry towel to prevent drying.
Place a wide frying pan over medium heat until hot. Add 1 to 1/2 tablespoons cooking oil, swirling to coat sides. Add potstickers, half at a time, seam side up. Cook until bottoms are golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Add 1/3 cup water; reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 4 to 5 minutes. Place potstickers, browned side up, on a serving plate; keep warm. Cook remaining potstickers with remaining oil and water.
Garnish potstickers with basil. Serve with dipping sauce.
Recipe courtesy Martin Yan, Martin Yan's Chinatown Cooking, William Morrow, 2002
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay