Lobster Salad on Brioche with Vanilla-Orange Vinaigrette
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 -ounce ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 2 star anise
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Thai fish sauce
- 1/2 cup pure olive oil
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 10 haricots verts
- 2 (1 1/4 pound) lobsters
- 4 slices brioche, cut round
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced paper thin
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 10 leaves baby lola rosa lettuce, washed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In small pan place the orange juice, ginger, vanilla and star anise. Reduce until 3/4 cup remains. Strain and reserve in a bowl. When room temperature, add the lime juice, mustard and Thai fish sauce. Slowly whisk in the olive oils, reserve.
Bring a small pot of water to a boil, add salt. Remove the tips off the haricots verts. Cook them until tender and refresh in ice water. Cut into thirds.
Boil a large pot of salted water. Add the lobsters. When they float, remove them from the water (about 5 minutes). Remove the tail and claw meat. Dice the claw meat. Slice the tails in half lengthwise. Toast the brioche. Mix the haricots verts, avocado, fennel, pumpkin seeds, claw meat, salt and pepper and enough dressing to coat well.
Divide this salad on the plates. Place the toasted brioche on top. Toss the tails and lola rosa with dressing to coat, season with salt and pepper. Place the tails on the brioche. Top with a small bouquet of lola rosa. Drizzle some dressing around the plate and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.