Lobster, Shrimp and Andouille Sausage over Pasta
- 1 pound baby shells pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 whole white onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried herbes de Provence
- Sea salt
- 8 ounces cooked lobster meat
- 8 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound andouille sausage, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 4 medium fresh tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water according to package directions until it is al dente.
While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, onion, garlic, herbes de Provence, salt, to taste, and cook until softened, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the lobster, shrimp, and sausage, reduce the heat to low, and cook until the shrimp turn pink, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the white wine and tomatoes and cook over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add the basil and cream and cook on high heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the pasta, taste and adjust seasoning. Serve in large pasta bowls.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Moses W. La Fountaine, Paradox Lodge