Lobster, Shrimp and Andouille Sausage over Pasta
- 1 pound baby shells pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 whole white onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried herbes de Provence
- Sea salt
- 8 ounces cooked lobster meat
- 8 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound andouille sausage, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 4 medium fresh tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water according to package directions until it is al dente.
While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, onion, garlic, herbes de Provence, salt, to taste, and cook until softened, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the lobster, shrimp, and sausage, reduce the heat to low, and cook until the shrimp turn pink, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the white wine and tomatoes and cook over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add the basil and cream and cook on high heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the pasta, taste and adjust seasoning. Serve in large pasta bowls.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.