- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 to 1 1/3 pounds cooked lobster meat, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup sherry wine, preferably medium-dry,(recommended: amontillado)
- 1/4 cup lobster stock, optional, but desirable
- 1 1/4 cups light cream or half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh chives
In a medium-size deep skillet or heavy saucepan, cook the onion in the butter over medium heat until softened and translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the cooked lobster meat and toss to coat with the butter. Pour in the sherry and bring to a boil. Add the lobster stock, if you have it, and boil until the liquid is reduced by half. Add the light cream and paprika. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring just to a boil. Immediately ladle into soup plates and garnish with the chives. Serve at once.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.