Long Life Noodles with Crabmeat
- 6 ounces crabmeat, cooked
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water, plus 2 quarts
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus 1 tablespoon
- 8 ounces dry noodles (yee mein)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 small bunch yellow chives, cut into 1-inch pieces to make 1 cup
- Salt and white pepper
Remove any shells or cartilage from crabmeat. Set aside.
Mix 3 tablespoons cornstarch with 3 tablespoons water in a small bowl. Set aside. Bring 2 quarts water to a boil in a large pot. Add 1 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to water. Place the dry noodles in boiling water and boil for 2 minutes. Drain well and place on platter.
Heat a wok to hot on medium heat and add the remaining vegetable oil and minced garlic. Stir until garlic becomes fragrant. Add the chicken broth and bring to boiling; stir in the cornstarch mixture. Stir until thickened, and then add the crabmeat, oyster sauce, sesame oil, and yellow chives. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Turn off heat and pour sauce over the noodles. Serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.