- 4 small yummy oysters, like Kumamoto
- Vegetable or peanut oil, for frying
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 pieces sea urchin (uni)
- 2 tablespoons spicy pickles, diced
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- Lemon juice
Crack open the oysters, reserve the meat and rinse and dry the shells.
Heat some oil in a saucepan to 350 degrees F.
Toss the oysters in the flour and remove. Make a batter with buttermilk and the flour. Batter the oysters and fry them until golden. Drain on paper towels.
Make the chipotle mayo by blending the chipotle with the mayo until you have a sauce that's just a little spicy.
To serve, arrange a little mayo in a shell and top with 1 fried oyster, a little uni, a little pickle, then top with a couple of pomegranate seeds, a drop of two of lemon juice and serve.
This recipe was created by a contestant during a cooking competition. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested it for home use, therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.