Lower Alabama BBQ Royal Red Shrimp
- 3 tablespoons spice seasoning, more or less to taste (recommended: J.O. Spice Seasoning)
- 1 cup flour
- 3 pounds Royal Red Shrimp, peeled and de-veined, tail on (can substitute any shrimp)
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 pinch fresh thyme
- 1 pinch fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Mix spice seasoning and flour together. Lightly coat shrimp with seasoned flour. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add butter and olive oil. Once hot, add shrimp (you may have to cook in batches or use 2 skillets if you can). Just after adding the shrimp, add vinegar, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, mustard, hot sauce, thyme, oregano, green onion, parsley, garlic, bay leaves, red pepper flakes, paprika, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook until the sauce reduces and the shrimp is cooked, about 4 to 5 minutes. Serve as an appetizer with French bread.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.