LT Guacamole Burger
- 7 ounces ground prime beef (20 percent fat), at room temperature
- Softened butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 slices cheddar cheese, preferably Mecox Bay Dairy Cheddar
- Potato bun, sliced in half
- Iceburg lettuce leaf
- Slice beefsteak tomato
- Slice dill pickle
- 1 tablespoon LT Guacamole, recipe follows
- LT Guacamole:
- 2 Haas avocados, scooped
- 1 seeded chopped jalapeno
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Splash of Green Jalapeno Pepper Tabasco
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat a griddle medium hot.
Using your hands, form the beef into a 1/4-inch-thick patty, trying not to press the patty too much or the meat becomes tough and the patty does not cook properly in the center. Brush some butter on both sides of the patty, season with salt and pepper and cook on the griddle for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the burger, place the cheese on top and continue griddling for 2 to 3 minutes for medium rare.
Meanwhile, brush softened butter on both slices of the bun and place on the griddle until toasted.
To assemble, place the hamburger on the bottom slice of the bun, and the lettuce, tomato and pickle on top of the hamburger. Spread the LT Guacamole on the top bun and then put the sandwich together and serve.
This recipe was provided by a professional chef or restaurant and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.LT Guacamole:
Mash the ingredients together in a medium bowl. Yield: about 1 cup.
2011, Laurant Tourondel, All Rights Reserved