"Lucky Seven" (Healthy 7 Layer Dip)
- 8 servings
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 green onions, white part only (optional)
- 3 large avocados
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1 1/2 -oz. jar roasted red peppers, drained and finely chopped
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 medium bunch cilantro, cleaned and chopped
- 1 medium bunch parsley, cleaned and chopped
- 6 green onions, green part only, chopped
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 can black olives, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- Squeeze fresh lime juice
- Cilantro sprig, garnish
Rinse food processor. Add avocado, salt, lemon juice and chopped jalapeno (if using). Run until smooth. Spread over the bean layer. Sprinkle the drained, chopped red peppers over the avocado layer. Spread the ricotta over the pepper layer, and smooth to make an even layer.
Clean and chop the cilantro, parsley and tops of the green onions together. Then place on top of the cheese layer and smooth the top. In a small bowl mix the sour cream and taco seasoning. Then gently smooth over the herb layer. Quarter cherry tomatoes, and slice black olives and loosely sprinkle over sour cream mixture. Season with salt, pepper and chili flakes (if using). Squeeze a little lime and top with a cilantro sprig.
Can be prepared ahead of time and chilled approximately 2 hours or until ready to serve.
Time-saving Tip: Use 1 1/2 to 2 cups prepared guacamole for layer 2.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray