Lump Crab and Seaweed Salad with Fried Rice Noodles
- 4 to 6 servings
- 10 ounces fresh lump crab meat with shells and cartilege removed
- 1 small mango, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 5 to 6 chives, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mirin, rice wine, to taste
- 1 small bag frozen dark green seaweed, thawed, available in nutrition stores or specialty Asian stores
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil or to taste
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 small package rice noodles
- Peanut oil for frying
In a second bowl season the thawed seaweed with soy sauce and sesame oil to taste. Sprinkle seaweed with sesame seeds and toss to combine.
In a small deep pan heat 1 to 2-inches of peanut oil to 360 degrees F. Fry the rice noodles until crispy and transfer to paper towels to drain. Season with salt.
Recipe courtesy of Gourmet Magazine