Macaroni and Cheese
- 3 pints whole milk
- 3 ounces white roux (butter and flour mixed in equal proportions and cooked)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pound American cheese
- 10 ounces grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 ounces grated Fontina cheese
- 12 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (sharp)
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 cups drained, cooked elbow macaroni
- Bread crumbs
Heat milk and stir in roux to thicken. Dissolve salt, mustard and nutmeg in a little water and add to thickened mixture. Reduce heat. Gradually stir in with a wooden spoon all the cheese. Continue to cook, stirring constantly until cheese has melted and sauce is smooth. Mix with elbow macaroni, top with bread crumbs and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven until browned and bubbly.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.