- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Black pepper to taste
- 3 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound lean, cooked ham, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet pickles
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Cherry tomatoes
To make the dressing, whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl; cover, and refrigerate until ready to use.
For the salad, toss macaroni in a large bowl with ham, celery, peas, pickles, red pepper and scallions; add dressing and toss again. Garnish with cherry tomatoes.
Recipe adapted from Jean Anderson, "The American Century Cookbook