Mahi Mahi in Fresh Oregano Sauce
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 garlic cloves
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped, plus additional minced onion for garnish
- 1 whole jalapeno pepper
- 1 boiled zucchini, julienned
- 1 -ounce fresh oregano leaves
- 1 -ounce minced roasted tomato
- 1 -ounce white wine
- 1 -ounce water
- 4 mahi ref="http://www.foodterms.com/encyclopedia/mahi-mahi/index.html" class="crosslink" debug="336 348">mahi fillets
- Butter, for sauteing
- 4 ounces diced white mushrooms
In a large saute pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the bay leaves, garlic, shallots, 1/2 chopped onion, and jalapeno pepper and saute for 2 minutes. Add the boiled zucchini and fresh oregano and then continue to saute for 1 minute. Add the minced tomato, white wine, and water, stir, and remove from the heat.
Poach the mahi mahi fillets in water a large saute pan; cook until a knife slides in easily and fish is opaque throughout.
Meanwhile, heat the butter in a small saute pan. Add the white mushrooms, additional minced onion, and salt, to taste. Saute until the mushrooms are cooked through.
Distribute the oregano sauce among 4 serving plates, and then top with the mahi mahi. Top the fish with the mushroom and onion mixture.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.