Mahi Mahi Tacos
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/4 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon dill seed
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 pounds fillet mahi mahi with skin
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- Mini taco shells
- Pico de Gallo, store bought
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Combine all of the dry ingredients for the rub and mix well. Set aside. Brush the soy sauce over the flesh side of the fillet. Let set in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Remove from refrigerator and brush with the oil. Sprinkle with desired amount of dry rub. Let stand for 15 minutes before grilling.
Cook the fillet with the flesh side facing the heat source. Cook until fork tender or 8 to 10 minutes or until just opaque. Cooking time will depend on how hot the heat source is. Let stand for about 5 minutes after removing from the heat. Flake the fish with a fork into a taco shell and top with Pico de Gallo. Add cilantro for garnish.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.