Mahi Mahi with Watercress and Arugula Salad with Melon and Pickled Onions
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 12 ounces mahi mahi fillet, or any firm white fish with 1-inch thick fillets
- Coarse grained salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus 1 teaspoon
- 1 bunch watercress, cleaned and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 bunch arugula, cleaned and torn into bite size pieces
- 4 cups melon, cut into 1-inch chunks
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
In a small bowl whisk together lime, vinegar and sugar. Pour 1/2 of the dressing in a small container and set aside. Place onions in a shallow dish, add remaining dressing, and let stand 30 minutes or overnight.
Season fish with salt and pepper and drizzle with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil. Place the fish, skin side down, in a non-stick pan with an oven proof handle. Bake until fish is cooked through, about 12 to 15 minutes. Cut fish into 4 pieces and place 1 piece on each serving dish.
Place watercress, arugula and melon in a large salad bowl. Toss with the remaining 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Add reserved dressing. Toss to combine. Divide dressed greens and melon among plates. Garnish with pickled onion rings.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.