Mahi Mahi with Watercress and Arugula Salad with Melon and Pickled Onions
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 12 ounces mahi mahi fillet, or any firm white fish with 1-inch thick fillets
- Coarse grained salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus 1 teaspoon
- 1 bunch watercress, cleaned and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 bunch arugula, cleaned and torn into bite size pieces
- 4 cups melon, cut into 1-inch chunks
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
In a small bowl whisk together lime, vinegar and sugar. Pour 1/2 of the dressing in a small container and set aside. Place onions in a shallow dish, add remaining dressing, and let stand 30 minutes or overnight.
Season fish with salt and pepper and drizzle with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil. Place the fish, skin side down, in a non-stick pan with an oven proof handle. Bake until fish is cooked through, about 12 to 15 minutes. Cut fish into 4 pieces and place 1 piece on each serving dish.
Place watercress, arugula and melon in a large salad bowl. Toss with the remaining 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Add reserved dressing. Toss to combine. Divide dressed greens and melon among plates. Garnish with pickled onion rings.