Mamma Mia Sangria
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 orange, cut into wedges
- 1 extra-large orange, juiced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 small (10-ounce) can chopped pineapple in juice, drained
- 1 tablespoon sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
- 1 bottle chilled red wine (recommended: Shiraz or Zinfandel)
- 1 liter chilled diet (zero calorie) ginger ale
- 1 cup strawberries, washed and hulled
Squeeze the juice from all the citrus fruit into a large pitcher. Toss in the wedges once they've been squeezed. Add the pineapple, splenda, and the wine and stir to combine. Chill overnight in the refrigerator. Adding the ginger ale and the strawberries to the pitcher, just before serving.
Cook's Note: If you need to serve right away and you don't have chilled wine or ginger ale, add everything together and pour over ice.
Recipe courtesy of Kitty Stallings