- Mango Filling:
- 21 ounces (600 grams) diced dried mango
- 2 .6 ounces (75 grams) softened butter
- 6 .3 ounces (180 grams) light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 ounces (60 grams) all-purpose flour
- 8 .4 ounces (240 grams) sliced almonds
- Prepared piecrust, store-bought or homemade
- Crumble Topping, recipe follows
Soak the mango in water for 6 to 8 hours.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
With a wooden spoon, mix the butter, sugar, and spices together until creamy. Add the flour, then the almonds and, finally, the lightly drained mango and stir until combined. Set the filling mixture aside. Line the bottom of a 9 by 13-inch pan with your favorite piecrust. Perforate the crust with a fork. Spread the filling evenly over the crust and press down firmly. Sprinkle Crumble Topping evenly over the filling and pat down gently. Bake until the crumble is lightly golden, approximately 45 minutes. Cool thoroughly and then cut into 12 (3 by 4-inch) pieces. Cut each piece diagonally to form triangles.Crumble Topping:
7 ounces (200 grams) all-purpose flour
5.25 ounces (150 grams) sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3.5 ounces (100 grams) butter
In medium mixing bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Cut in butter and stir until uniform.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.