Maple Rosemary Glaze
Use pure maple syrup, not pancake syrup for this perfect fall glaze. Pancake syrups have other sweeteners and you want pure maple flavor[. Serve with wild rice.]
- Total Time:
- 35 min
- 5 min
- 30 min
- 3/4 cup
- To make Maple Apple Chicken: Cut 2 large apples into 8 chunks each. Place the chunks around the chicken, Brush the hot glaze over the chicken and drizzle it over the apples. Bake as directed below.
- 1 rotisserie chicken, whole
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons pure apple juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled between the fingers
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Lightly coat a 13 by 9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place the chicken in the pan. Stir the maple syrup, apple juice, butter, shallot, and rosemary together in small saucepan and place over high heat. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to maintain a gentle boil. Boil for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently. The mixture will thicken.
Brush the hot mixture over the chicken. Bake until the chicken is hot and the glaze is bubbly, about 20 minutes, basting 2 or 3 times.
Recipe courtesy Carla Fitzgerald Williams, Rotisserie Chickens to the Rescue!, Hyperion Books, 2003
Recipe courtesy of Michael Chiarello