- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, for greasing the baking dish
- 1 1/2 pounds yams, peeled and cut lengthwise into 1-inch thick slices
- 5 ounces (about 32) sweetened round crackers (recommended: Maria Crackers), or graham crackers
- 3/4 cup whole almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) chilled unsalted butter, diced
- 4 large ripe but firm bananas, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) bag mini marshmallows
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch glass baking dish with 2 tablespoons butter. Set aside
Meanwhile, put the crackers, almonds, cinnamon, and salt in a food processor and pulse a few times to combine until coarse but not fully ground. Add 6 tablespoons butter and pulse until the mixture forms lumps slightly larger than peas. Refrigerate the streusel topping until ready to use.
Spread half of the bananas and yams in 1 layer in the bottom of the prepared dish. Sprinkle with half of the streusel and half of the marshmallows. Repeat to make 1 more layer. Bake until the marshmallows are golden, about 25 minutes. Serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of Marcela Valladolid