Chicken in Peanut Sauce
- 2 large tomatoes, cored
- 2 cups roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded chicken breast meat, from 2 cooked chicken breasts
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Warm corn tortillas or white rice, for serving
2 tablespoons adobo sauce from canned chipotles (reserve chipotles for another use)
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes. Let cool. Peel and add to a blender. Process the tomatoes, peanuts, peanut butter, and adobo sauce until smooth. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
Add the sauce to a medium skillet and add the chicken. Stir for 3 minutes over medium heat until warm. Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped cilantro. Serve with warm tortillas or white rice.