- 8 tostadas
- 1 cup refried beans, warmed
- 4 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 cups finely shredded lettuce
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco or mild feta cheese
- Mexican sour cream or regular sour cream, for drizzling
- Fresh Tomatillo-Avocado Salsa, recipe follows
- Fresh Tomatillo-Avocado Salsa
- 8 ounces tomatillos, husked, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted and peeled
- 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 serrano chile
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
Spread the tostadas with the refried beans. Top with the chicken, lettuce, onion rings, radishes, and cheese. Drizzle with sour cream, top with a dollop of salsa, and serve.
Combine the tomatillos, avocado, cilantro, chile, and lemon juice in a blender and puree until smooth. Season the salsa with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer to a serving bowl, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours or until ready to use.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.