- 8 tostadas
- 1 cup refried beans, warmed
- 4 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 cups finely shredded lettuce
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco or mild feta cheese
- Mexican sour cream or regular sour cream, for drizzling
- Fresh Tomatillo-Avocado Salsa, recipe follows
- Fresh Tomatillo-Avocado Salsa
- 8 ounces tomatillos, husked, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted and peeled
- 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 serrano chile
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Spread the tostadas with the refried beans. Top with the chicken, lettuce, onion rings, radishes, and cheese. Drizzle with sour cream, top with a dollop of salsa, and serve.
Combine the tomatillos, avocado, cilantro, chile, and lemon juice in a blender and puree until smooth. Season the salsa with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer to a serving bowl, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours or until ready to use.
Recipe courtesy of Marcela Valladolid
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller