- 1 whole rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 store-bought tostadas
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 tomato, finely chopped
- Mexican crema, for drizzling
- Queso fresco, crumbled
- Pickled jalapenos, optional
Cut the chicken breasts and legs off of the whole chicken. Remove the skin. Shred the chicken off the bone and set aside in a bowl.
In a separate bowl, dress the romaine lettuce with olive oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
To assemble the tostadas, spread 1 tablespoon refried beans onto a tostada. Top with 1/2 cup shredded rotisserie chicken. Top with the dressed romaine lettuce, tomato and avocado. Drizzle with Mexican crema and top with crumbled queso fresco. Finish with pickled jalapeno peppers if desired.