Chipotle Cream Shrimp
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 2 pounds large raw shrimp (13 to 15 per pound), peeled and deveined with tail on
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- White or brown rice, cooked according to package instructions, for serving
Put the flour in a shallow bowl. Add 3 tablespoons of the cilantro, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper and toss to combine. Add the shrimp and toss to coat.
Melt the butter in a large heavy saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and saute until golden brown and just cooked through, 5 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to a plate. Add the wine to the same pan and boil until slightly thickened, 2 minutes. Add the cream, chipotle chiles, Worcestershire sauce and garlic to the pan and boil until slightly reduced, 2 minutes. Return the shrimp to the pan and toss to coat with the chipotle sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the remaining tablespoon cilantro and serve with white or brown rice.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.