- To rim the glasses:
- Chocolate syrup
- Finely chopped Mexican or bittersweet chocolate*
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 cup (8 ounces) tequila
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) chocolate liqueur (recommended: Godiva)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup orange liqueur
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- *Can be found in Hispanic or gourmet stores
To rim the glasses: Put the syrup and chopped chocolate into 2 small dishes. Moisten the rims of 4 margarita or martini glasses with the chocolate syrup. Dip them in the Mexican chocolate until coated. Set aside.
Margarita: Combine all of the ingredients, except ice, in a pitcher. Working in batches, transfer the mixture to a shaker full of ice. Shake and pour into the prepared glasses. Serve cold.
Recipe courtesy of Marcela Valladolid