- 1 purchased pound cake
- 1 pint blackberries, for garnish
- Powdered sugar, for garnish
- 14 ounces whole guavas in syrup
- 3 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 14 ounces whole guavas in syrup, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the pound cake: Slice the pound cake into 2-inch thick pieces and set aside.
For the guava cream: Place the guavas, condensed milk, cream cheese and lime juice in a blender. Process mixture until smooth. Strain the mixture into a bowl. Discard the seeds. Set aside.
For the guava compote: Bring the guavas, 1 cup water, the sugars, butter, cinnamon and vanilla to a boil in a heavy medium saucepan. Reduce the heat to medium low; simmer until almost all the liquid evaporates, stirring often, about 30 minutes. Cover and chill. (Can be made 2 days ahead). Serve warm or at room temperature.
To assemble the pound cake: Place a slice of pound cake onto a serving plate. Drizzle with the guava cream. Top with a spoonful of guava compote. Garnish with 4 blackberries. Dust with some powdered sugar and serve.