Mexican Chocolate-Banana Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mashed bananas (about 2 big bananas)
- 1 large egg
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 (3.5-ounce) disc Mexican chocolate, chopped
- Special equipment: 1 (12-cup) nonstick muffin tin with 12 paper cupcake liners
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
In a separate mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas, egg, melted butter and milk until incorporated.
Stir the banana mixture into the dry ingredients just until blended (but do not over-mix as it could result in a tough muffin). Stir in the chopped Mexican chocolate.
Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
Bake the muffins until the tops are pale golden and a tester inserted into the center comes out with some melted chocolate attached but no crumbs, about 30 minutes.
Cook's Note: The muffins can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.