Mom's Homemade Granola
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Mixed berries, for serving
- 1 (2-pound) container nonfat plain yogurt
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Line a 9-inch square baking sheet with foil, allowing the foil to extend over the sides. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
Mix the oats, cranberries, almonds, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl.
Combine the butter, sugar and honey in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the butter melts and the mixture begins to boil. Add the vanilla and stir. Remove from the heat.
Pour the butter over the oats, mixing until well coated. Transfer to the prepared pan and, using a spatula, press the oats evenly into the pan.
Bake until the top is golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a rack and cool. Using the foil as aid, lift out of the pan and place on a work surface. Crumble into pieces. Serve with berries, plain yogurt and drizzle with additional honey.
Recipe courtesy Marcela Valladolid