- 1/3 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1 tablespoon crumbled dried Mexican oregano
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1/4 pineapple, peeled, cored and finely diced (about 2 cups)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine the vinegar, oregano, sugar, jalapeno, red onion and pineapple in a medium mixing bowl. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 30 minutes before serving.